Many of you have asked about how to add listings to your Facebook. In this post we are going to show you how to do just that. You will need to have already created a Facebook page, which is something you create in your Facebook account.
Steps are for the traditional layout and not the new Timeline layout.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?api_key=190322544333196
- Click on the “Add Static HTML to a Page” button.
- Select your page and click the “Add Static HTML: iframe tabs” button.
- On your own Facebook page left column, you will now see a white star in grey box icon with the word “Welcome”. Go ahead and click on it.
- Now go to your YGL account and navigate to the website tab.
- On this page, you want to click on the Listing Search tab and copy the text in the “Personal” or “Office Widget Integration HTML Code” box. (You might not have access to the office widget, depending on your account privilege.)
- Return to the Facebook page that you were on in Step 6 and paste the text into the first box and click on the “Save and viewtab…” button.
- Listings are now added to your Facebook page. You can click on the “preview” button to review it.
- Rename the “Welcome” tab on the left of the page. – To change name of your tab, click “Edit Info” when you are on your page to bring up the admin settings. Select “Apps” from the left sidebar. Then under the Static HTML app (look for the star icon) click “Edit Settings.” There will be an option to type in a custom name for your tab there.
- Re-sizing and customizing your widget – Ideal width for the widget is 420 and height at 2200. You can make this change on the page that you were copying the code from in your YGL account. You will also see other options that are available.